Best Peak District cycling trails & more...
- Tissington Trail – 13 miles along a former railway line from Ashbourne to Parsley Hay, joins up with the High Peak Trail. Hire available.
- High Peak Trail – join the trail at Middleton, just 10 mins from the cottage.
- Manifold Track – follow the valley bottom past Thor’s Cave, Wetton Mill and Beeston Tor, hire available.
- Monsal Trail – lovely cycle route running through spectacular limestone dales with a café on the way and Bakewell at the start or finish, hire available.
- Carsington Water – easy cycling route round the reservoir through beautiful countryside, hire available.
- Longer routes include The Pennine Cycleway, The Pennine Bridleway, The Trans Pennine Trail, Eroica Britannia and the Tour de Peak District.
- If you want something a bit more extreme there are lots of mountain bike trails across the Peak District – 2 recommended books of routes are: Peak District Dark Peak Trails and Peak District White Peak: The Pure Trails.
We have ample indoor storage space for bikes here.