Top 10 things to do with kids
- Alton Towers and Splash Landings – theme park and water park in one, just 35 mins drive away from the cottage.
- Heights of Abraham – country park and famous show caverns set in 60 acres of woodland and reached by cable car over a deep limestone gorge. Just 20 mins drive from the cottage.
- Gulliver’s Kingdom Theme Park – for children between the ages of 2 and 13 with a wide range of rides including Western World, pirate play area, log flume and Drop Tower.
- Carsington Water – canoeing, sailing, fishing, raft-building, bird-watching, cycling, walking, ice creams, café; a 10 min drive from the cottage.
- Sudbury Hall and Museum of Childhood – beautiful late 17th century house with museum of childhood inside, lovely gardens and woodland play area for children outside.
- Crich Tramway Village and Museum – period village and home to the National Tramway Museum with old style sweetshop, pub and café – take a tram ride and check out some vintage cars.
- Climbing, scrambling, abseiling, den building and other outdoor activities all available from various local providers – ask us for details!
- Chestnut Otter, Owl and Wildlife Park – very popular family run conservation park.
- Caves – visit Blue John Cavern and Mines or Poole’s Cavern and Country Park for guided tours or take torches and explore for yourself on a local walk.
- Markeaton Park High Ropes (Derby) and Go Ape (Buxton) – high ropes, crossings, tunnels, bridges and zip wires.
…or just explore the countryside near the cottage – paddle in the stream, take a picnic, build a den or check out the llamas.