Top Peak District walks
Home of the right to roam, there are so many walking options here… plenty are right from the door and many more are a short drive away. A few of our favourites are:
- Hartington – Wolfscote Dale – Biggin Dale – Hartington. A river, caves, scrambling, green fields, a mix of flat and steep climbs.
- Thorpe Church – Blore Pastures – Ilam – Thorpe Cloud – Thorpe Church. Stunning!
- Cottage – Ashbourne – Cottage. All on the flat through fields running next to a brook. Kinder Scout and Mam Tor if you’re looking for something a bit more strenuous
- Alstonefield. A Peak District village to incorporate into a circular walk so that you have an excuse to visit The George.
- Thorpe – Thorpe Cloud – Bunster Hill – Dovedale and the Stepping Stones – Thorpe
- Cottage – Kniveton – Cottage. Over the fields on the way there, stop in at the pub, country lanes back. Extend to Atlow/Carsington for a longer stretch.
- The Roaches. Great for kids who love scrambling and exploring.
- Carsington Water Circuit. No need for maps, great if you’ve got a pushchair, just 10 mins drive from the cottage.
Ordnance survey maps covering the immediate locality and the whole of the Peak District are in the cottage, along with a range of walking books.